Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book of the Week: What Would Jane Austen Do?

This week I happened to finish a book on my handy dandy ebook Reader. As much as I am not a fan for reading romance novels this one took me by surprise. If you love a good Jane Austen novel and you just can't get enough of the "Regency period," I recommend What Would Jane Austen Do? by Laurie Brown. There is romance, a little bit of feminist ideals, ghosts, time travelling, hot scenes, and adventure. You have the main character, Eleanor Pottinger, coming to this nice fancy inn in England in order to get herself together after an engagement gone wrong. Who would have thought that two ghosts haunting the room she was staying in will be giving her the time of her life. I enjoyed it, although there was a bit of a mishap with the dialogue since it was less Regency (if that is even a word) than it could have been. The hot scenes were a bit voyeuristic for my taste but hey everybody has different levels on that. Looking for a romance novel in the Jane Austen times, pick this one you might just swoon afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment