Friday, August 12, 2011

A Supernatural Drama Bomb Review


There are many people who are brave enough to admit they are into romance novels.  I am one of them. So when I find a supernatural romance, I get rapped up in it enough to spend a whole afternoon reading halfway through the book. This novel was one of those.
Written in first person narrative, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl, takes place in a small town named Gatlin where most folks call the Civil War the Battle of Northern Aggression. Here everyone is the epitome of average normality, except for Ethan and Lena; (the main characters), who knew each other in dreams before they met each other. (Talk about love at first dream)
Although, I would have finished the book in one day and a half, there is so much intense supernatural drama mama that I had to segment the reading within days of the week. Yes, folks, I said days. There are so many twists in this novel than any sensational soap opera seen on TV; I wouldn't be surprised if this book is adapted into a movie. 
Be prepared for those cliche moments, because of course, this is a teen supernatural romance.  Nevertheless, for those who have read Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instrument series; you might just have found your fix with this one. 
(P.S. CHECK OUT THE TRAILER...DEFINITELY MUST READ!)

No comments:

Post a Comment