Wednesday, August 15, 2012

To the Manor Dead (book review)

picture courtesy sebastianstuart.net
Hope everyone is having a great day. It's raining here in NYC, and I am already thinking of getting myself in a good book along with some film horror (sorry I am a bit of a cliche).

Past few weeks I have been taking a bit of a break in between books just to be able to separate stories. Not one of those folks who read books consecutively without moments of reflection. Your brain gotta digest!

Any-who, I did get to finish 2 books and one of them is an adult mystery titled To the Manor Dead by Sebastian Stuart. Written in first person narrative, this story takes place in upstate New York where an ex-therapist tries to find herself some peace and quiet from listening to her patients. She ends up selling antiques at her own little store and finds herself meeting all sorts of characters. At some point one of them ends up dead and the ex-therapist can't help but to go on a murder quest to find out the culprit.

I found myself most of the time laughing because some of these characters were a bit too cliche for my part. I read the small bio on the author and found myself thinking he might have been in a hurry because the story seemed rushed. The ending was alright but the way the plot unfolds is just a bit off-kilter. I did learn a few new words but as a first in all the book reviews I have done on this blog, I do not recommend this book. I don't think its meant to be a mystery but more of a book that belongs in the comedy section. However, if you want to try it, go ahead. You never know unless you do read it.


Til Next Blogpost,
Miss Bobo

No comments:

Post a Comment