Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One of Those Books that Became A Movie

the original book cover
Never watched the movie but when I saw the book, I figured why not try the original work. First things first; Darcy isn't blond in this book. And second of all, I don't know how it was in the movie but the book starts in the nick of actions. Written in past & present tense, Something Borrowed is written in first person narrative by Emily Griffin in a very realistic look into regular life romance.
Surrounding the relationship of Darcy, Rachel, and Dex the main characters of the book most of the time; this book deals with the situations of cheating, female competition, and of course the big L.O.V.E.
I enjoyed it what with the drama and the sense of humor you can tell comes directly from the author. However, I don't like Rachel, the main character, for her passivity into most of the situations in her life. But as usual appreciated how she was able to come and digress from the epiphanies that most readers will expect from her. As an example of sociology with female behavior in society, I would use this as a fictional example.


(Note: I will be writing a comparison with the movie soon enough)
Til Next Blogpost,
Miss Bobo

No comments:

Post a Comment